This is a very very short deadline, 6 weeks, to try and raise 345k, which only gives the CGC a 12 month runway. Why have Breed Clubs and wider stakeholders not been engaged sooner following the KC Feb 23 announcement?

We needed to wait to hear the outcome of all our grant applications before we knew how much the shortfall would be, and that did not happen until well into December. In addition, our expectation was that the KCCT would be able to make a contribution to the costs of the Genetics Centre. We learned only recently that they were also unable to support us beyond March 2024 and this explains the short timeline.